Launching a truly unique, unforgettable, impact-making online brand is no easy feat.
Trust me, I’ve not only launched my own, I’ve worked with TONSSS of amazing online leaders and influencers to help them take their brand to the next level.
There are five big things you’ll want to nail in the process.
- Copy and messaging that’s clear, personality-driven, and distinct. If you don’t know what copy is, you’re reading it! While technically, this IS a blog post, all of the words you read on the internet are COPY. Words you read in print advertising (as well as online) – that’s also copy. And the words plastered all over my website beyond this blog? ALSO COPY. Noticing a theme? 😉 Copy is a huge piece of what you’ll use to communicate with your audience so they get to know you, like you, and trust you. That’s why I am so obsessed with teaching all about it!
- A brand and/or marketing story and voice that speaks directly to your ideal customers. This may be communicated via written copy, video, on talks or in trainings, or even in imagery.
- Visual consistency a.k.a. a look that evokes the feeling you want to convey to your audience. This is typically handled by nailing down your key brand colors and fonts, as well as any patterns or stylist choices you’ll use in your graphics. This is typically called “brand identity.”
- A user-friendly website that’s clean, functional, and strategically designed and developed to support both customer relationship building and sales. This is SO important. Creating an experience that is clear for your customers and website visitors is MUY important if you want that website to work to achieve your goals!
- Ongoing content strategy to attract more customers and clients with inbound marketing. This goes for blogs, social media, newsletters, and beyond.
While I’m always thrilled to help you with numbers 1, 2, and 5 in detail — and the strategy and creative direction for numbers 3 and 4 — I’m NOT a designer or developer nor do I create “looks” or visual branding.
Nope. Not my genius zone and therefore, I will stay in my own lane.
When it comes to developing brand mood boards, determining the best colors and font combinations, making stylistic choices and designing the perfect logo, I turn to other professionals I know, love, and trust.
Here’s a list of my top 10 favorite designers and programs for visual branding:
- Shift Fwd. Naomi & Koldo of Shift Fwd (a kick-ass husband and wife team) are responsible for the snazzy website you’re currently checking out. They’re highly creative, and an absolute dream to work with. I’d recommend them again and again, hire them again and again, and will never stop shouting their amazingness from the rooftops.
- GIF Design Studios. Joanna Galvao kicks butt for brands and websites with her awesome creative team. GIF Studios is an agency, but they work in a very high-touch manner to create brand identities and websites that your clients will swoon over.
- Brand Party. Lexi D’Angelo is one talented lady. She’s also a lot like me in that she’s committed to making everything more FUNNNN. You can hire her for custom branding and then use one of her amazing customizable website themes to make your own website amazing, if you’re up for DIY’ing. Lexi also has a course to help develop your own branding.
- Public Persona. Sarah Ancalmo-Ashman helped me when I was transitioning from running a copywriting agency to working as an expert and consultant. She has the ad agency background, a portfolio you’ll drool over, and a wicked ability to channel the exact look and style you want. Even Sarah’s Instagram will make your aesthetically-inclined hear flutter. You can hop into her program MirrorBrand to walk through her process in a group, or hire her 1:1 with her signature Privé.
- Rachel Pesso. Rachel is a brand identity and website designer for soulful and heart-centered entrepreneurs. She’s a delight to work with and she’s one of my favorite humans too. If you want a truly high-touch and caring approach, Rachel’s your lady.
- Jessica Rea. Jessica Rea and I had the great honor of working on Sexy Food Therapy’s rebrand together. I’m still tremendously proud of what we co-created. Her design work is unbelievably stunning and you’ve 100% seen her work on other A-player’s websites.
- Felicity & Design. Alyssa J. Gavinsky & Michele To have created a kick-ass design studio that helps entrepreneurs all over the world display their best assets. We’ve shared a client or two over the years, and it’s always fun to see what they create!
- Still Pixels. Not only is Kristen Ashton is a delight to work with, but she’s got attitude, range, style, and boy, does she deliver. I’d recommend her in a heartbeat for designing a brand and website that truly converts!
- You Can Brand. Jenna Soard has worked behind-the-scenes with many HUGE brands, and she’s taken all of that genius and put it into this incredible program that will help YOU brand yourself. She’s truly the cream of the crop in this arena, so if you’re looking to do-it-yourself, look no further!
- Brand Your Own Business. Ffion Evans is one of my oldest business friends, and potentially also one of the most talented. Back in the “early days,” we had a sales page copy + design service called “The Pageama Party” and we totally rocked it out. Her work is so gorgeous, you’ll want to frame it and hang it all over your walls. Fun fact: She also draws monsters! This year, Ffion finally launched her group program to help those who aren’t ready for custom branding do-it-themselves.
That’s all (for now anyway) — I hope this list helps you find the exact perfect person and program to take your brand to the next level!
Create like you mean it,