This week’s episode is with the incredible Jenny Shih. She is an uncompromising business coach who has taught more than 25,000 women how to earn a full time income working 30 hours per week or less as an online service based entrepreneur. I mean, I’d like to work 30 hours a week or less. Jenny draws on both her decade of experience in high tech as well as her training with Martha Beck and spiritual teacher, Byron Katie. She guides her clients with her no fluff, step by step approach to creating thriving businesses that they love without having to work long hours or make huge sacrifices.
Can I get an amen?
Jenny and I dive into this whole concept of how to make more without working more. We want to maximize our time while making the most of a creative business model that feels good and isn’t soul or energy sucking. I know that you can identify with this. So how do we manage our time? Listen into this episode for the answer!
Some of my favorite takeaways include…
- How to accept your reality and not fight it
- What “being courageous” really looks like
- What you must know if you’re discouraged about where your leads are coming from
- Jenny’s biggest business lesson
- (00:00) Welcome to the Creatives Making Money podcast
- (01:14) Introducing Jenny Shih
- (02:34) What an aligned business means to Jenny
- (04:51) What’s healthy about failing
- (08:07) How to accept your reality and not fight it
- (13:19) How Jenny guides her clients to get more done in less time
- (15:32) What “being courageous” really looks like
- (16:49) When Jenny knew she would be an entrepreneur
- (19:18) What were Jenny’s earliest memories around money in the beginning of her business
- (22:06) What’s the biggest things Jenny’s learned
- (23:27) Jenny’s opinion on taking entrepreneurship conservatively
- (28:20) What you must know if you’re discouraged about where your leads are coming from
- (33:54) Where to find Jenny Shih
Create like you mean it,