“Know thyself.” – Socrates
“He who knows others is wise; he who knows himself is enlightened.” – Lao Tzu
“To thine own self, be true.” – Shakespeare
To really dig deep and know yourself is a timeless, classic, and necessary piece of advice.
So why the EFF do we find that so hard? Why do we run around trying to please other people by being something or someone we’re not. And how do we stop that madness and just BE ourselves.
My very definition of success is “the ability to be 100% truly yourself.”
But where do you begin? Knowing yourself, of course!
If you haven’t caught the CMM After Party yet over on my Facebook page here, Erin and I do a run down of our FAVE personality tests to dive into when you want to go down the rabbit hole of DEEPLY “knowing yourself.”
It was a real treat to interview one of my best friends and favorite people, Erin Lindstrom, the president of the Shiny Bitches on this episode of Creatives Making Money.
We had a blast covering topics like…
- How do we find our “give-back” threshold? In other words, how much cash do YOU need in your life/bank account/pay check before you feel “safe” giving back and contributing to causes and human beings you care about?
- What are the best ways to creatively make money? I asked Erin what she does to generate revenue (a.k.a. create money) when cash is feeling “tight” and she shares some really awesome tips:
- First, get quiet with yourself and become aware of the discomfort.
- Acknowledge the discomfort without judging it.
- Take your power back. (Hopefully she can come back on to talk with us more about HOW to do this exactly. Or maybe we’ll dig into it on our other show, The Erin + Jamie Show over here.)
- What IS a Shiny Bitch?
- BITCH = Brilliant, Intentional, Conscious, Healer
- SHINY = Positive, Conscious, High-Vibe, Supportive of Others’ Success
- Where can you stalk Erin and join the Shiny Bitch Club?
- And, as promised, what personality tests do we love and use?
- Kolbe A
- Human Design
- Fascination Advantage
- Strengths Finder
- Myers Briggs
- The Four Tendencies
- Love Languages
Don’t forget to subscribe to Creatives Making Money on iTunes here, and if you’re enjoying these episodes don’t hesitate to leave a glowing review! 🙂
Create like you mean it,